Huddersfield-based Asparagus Green Catering has been appointed as the caterer for the Tour de Yorkshire official VIP area(s).
Asparagus Green will provide food and drink within the VIP zones at each of the race’s eight start and finish locations, catering for around 2000 attendees during the tour. All the food and beverages provided will be sourced and made in Yorkshire and will include Coddy’s farm shop sausages, Mercers of York preserves, Lottie Shaws Flapjack and Jones of Huddersfield pork Pies. There will also be some very special bicycle-themed touches on offer, such as shortbread bicycle biscuits to have with the Yorkshire Tea.
Taking place between 3 – 6 May 2018, the Tour de Yorkshire is regarded as one of the most dramatic and best supported races in the sport, and is organised by Welcome to Yorkshire and the Amaury Sport Organisation. Last year’s races attracted 2.2 million roadside spectators and was screened in 180 countries worldwide.
Anthony Hegney, Director and founder of Asparagus Green, said: “We’re excited and delighted to be providing the catering for such a great event for Yorkshire. This is a great window of opportunity for us to showcase some of the area’s great food suppliers, and along with local produce we will also be using sustainable products such as Bagasse plates, which are made from a Bi product of sugar cane, along with wooden disposable cutlery and Bio straws which are 100% biodegradable. Our whole team can’t wait for this great event to take place.”
Asparagus Green was set up in 2015 having been awarded its first contract at the National Coal Mining Museum for England. Since then, the company has grown and expanded at a rapid rate. On the back of this early success, in March 2017, Pontefract Castle and York Museum Gardens were added to the company’s portfolio of venues.
Asparagus Green has catered events including Coca Cola awards evening, Yorkshire & Humber Conference 2017 and for companies such as Louis Vuitton, Poundworld, HTAFC, Yorkshire Ambulance service, Go Outdoors and many NHS events .
Asparagus Green pride themselves on offering fresh local produce, supporting the local economy and sourcing the best of Yorkshire and local fayre.
For more information please contact Victoria Reddington Fashion Pony Engage on 07966 476631 or email Victoria@fashionpony.co.uk
Notes to editors
- Founded in 2015, Asparagus Green was set up by Founder and Director Anthony Hegney. With over 27 years in the catering and hospitality sector, Antony said the industry needed a fresh approach into contract catering as it had lost its way and clients and venues were suffering due to this. Asparagus Green’s range of services include:
- Flexible catering packages
- Dedicated events team
- Available 7 days a week including weekends
- Outside catering
- Conferences / Dinners / Parties / Away Days / Team Building Days at their venue at The National Coal Mining Museum for England. Located in a beautiful, rural location close to the M1 with free onsite car parking for over 200 cars, the venue is idea for conferences, away days, exhibitions and facilitated team building. Private dinners, parties and wedding receptions can be accommodated, incorporating the Museum galleries and beautiful outdoor spaces.
For further information, visit http://asparagusgreencatering.co.uk
Tour de Yorkshire
- The Tour de Yorkshire was launched in 2015 as a legacy of the 2014 Grand Départ. It is organised by Welcome to Yorkshire and the Amaury Sport Organisation.
- The men’s race holds a 2.1 UCI Europe Tour classification.
- The Asda Tour de Yorkshire Women’s Race was awarded 1.2 status in 2016.
- 2 million spectators lined the route for the 2017 edition, up from 2 million in 2016.
- The 2017 edition was watched by 9.7 million TV viewers in 180 countries.
- The 2017 edition generated £64 million for the Yorkshire economy.
- The race is supported by Yorkshire Bank, Yorkshire Bank Bike Libraries, Asda, Dimension Data, Virgin Trains East Coast, Tissot, Le Coq Sportif, Global Autocare, Sky Betting &Gaming, Soreen, Mug Shot, RAGT Seeds, Named Sport, Mavic, Doncaster Sheffield Airport and Black Sheep.
For further information, visit https://letouryorkshire.com